Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Stoicism

This seems silly as hell on some level but I've been reading up on the philosophy of stoicism.

Stoicism isn't what most people think--it's not about merely enduring adversity with stony resolve. On a practical level it's about understanding what we can and cannot control and adjusting accordingly. There's this lovely practicality to it that soothes my anxiety-ridden nature.

Seeking to understand a new philosophy at 50 is the part that feels so silly, I guess. Yet there is a simplicity about stoicism that doesn't task my supposedly aging brain. And it isn't about enduring hardship but about  finding contentment in the middle of the storms life sends your way.

I need that sort of input. It's pretty fucking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a jackass.