Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Settling In


We are settling in, a long way from The South where I grew up.

It's generally cooler here. Heat waves in the Summer may only last a few days--instead of being the Summer.

The Sun rises more than an hour earlier than I'm accustomed to. That alone is surreal.

People have different accents, different ways of dealing with you.

Still, today I ran, I went to the grocery, I did all the same prosaic things I did in Georgia.

I am sure I'll feel a sense of dislocation for some time to come. There will be new things to be annoyed by, be a smartass about. But I'm surprised at how much I like the change. How it already seems to suit me.

Maybe it's just that it's all very strange and new. And I've always loved the strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a jackass.