Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blogging is not hard

Blogging is some of the easiest writing to do. The expectations are low. I have been blogging since 2001 and I believe that's why, for me, it is sometimes surprisingly difficult. Not the act itself, just seeing the point. I suppose this means I've passed the point in life where such personal writing is truly important to me. I'm not sure. Whatever the case, I find this blog hard to keep up because I rarely think, "oh, I'll blog that." I'm more likely to think, "that fits in a tweet." Or, "who the fuck cares except me?"

I don't think this is depression talking, either.

Funny thing is I did tons of writing yesterday and have done a great deal today but most of it has been in Google Docs or in a handwritten journal. So perhaps my attitude towards blogging is a phase of some sort. I've decided to take it inside and see what comes out.

But I'm also no longer starting a blog only to delete it willy-nilly later. I've done that several times before and always felt odd about it. Not bad. Just odd.

So this blog and the others I have on blogger will continue to be updated, just when I get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a jackass.