Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bar Keepers Friend

When I was a child I would get angry at older people who mangled the proper names of certain commonly-used items or popular television programs. Damn, old people, I said as I struck them repeatedly over the head with the nearest blunt object, why can't you remember "Good Times," or the word "lawnmower?"

I was a kid. I did not know that old people had other worries, such as alien abductions.

Earlier this evening I mistakenly referred to Bar Keepers Friend as Bartender's Friend. This is a common household item I use on a near-daily basis. I realized, upon discovering my error, that I have become that old person I often beat senseless for forgetting that it was "K.C. and the Sunshine Band," not "Casey's Sunshine Band."

Later tonight I will go to one of the more dangerous parts of the city and wait on a street corner for a fresh-faced youngster to come along. When this happens, I will say something about "Them Googles" and await my punishment.

It's called the Oval of Life.

 It's called Poetic Justification.

[Bar Keepers Friend]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a jackass.